Digital Marketing Tutorials
“Digital Marketing” is nothing more than using Internet technology to tell the world about your business. Thereby making you eVisible.
In this Tutorial section, my intent is to walk you through the digital marketing process, step-by-step. You can use this recipe to “DIY it,” or you can use it gain a better understanding of what you’re paying for when you hire it out.
In the beginning we’ll start with the basic infrastructure of your virtual headquarters.
Section 1 – The Site:
- Domain Name – Do you really need your own domain name?
- WordPress Content Management System (CMS): Why I use it, and recommend it.
- Hosting – Get this one right.
- Shared Hosting – The devil you know
- VPS Hosting – No headaches
- Unmanaged VPS – For the adventurous DIYer
- Installing WordPress – the basics.
- Security – hardening WordPress – defense in depth.
- Choosing a theme – “I have nothing to wear!”
- WordPress Plugins – bolt-on parts that customize your build.
- DNS – Speed and an extra layer of security.
- Analytics – Know your visitors.